Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blog One

Welcome everybody to the Sarah and Chris blog spot. Yes, I know, you think I have it backwards. But it really is Sarah and Chris, not Chris and Sarah. Just because he is older does not mean that he gets to be... uhem, any way. So this is our blog. We actually have no idea what to do wit it. I think it has been a good month now since we got it and have been sitting here wondering what on earth we could possibly put on a blog page. We don't have any kids, so no cute baby pictures to prop up a story... and isn't that what blogs are for? Needless to say I was confused when Chris started it and even more confused when he thought that I should be the one to write it. I decided to start where everyone else starts, "we are going to need pictures then."

I am not sure how many of you know this, but Chris isn't particularly Camera happy and neither am I.

This was me taking pictures over the first few days:






So over the course of three different days I think we managed to perfect the special, high tech 'zoom in' on our camera. Be proud. (yes, these are three separate days. I do hope you are beginning to grasp the true challenge I was being put to here)

This is our life. Oh, but sometimes it is this:



We try to mix it up a little.

then shuffling through the different pictures that I had wrestled out for our audience I realized that we were missing some of the best components of our lives. Where is the humanity?! I sat on the coutch mulling over my sad collection of pictures when I heard a small, echoy splash. With a daring chuckle and a mischievous grin I grabbed the camera. Using my super nija master walk crawel (complements of the finest of Jason's childhood imitations) I crept towards the door. I could hear Chris in the bathroom... He was taking a leasurly saturday morning bath and eating breakfast. I know, I know. I can just hear you all now. 'Chris never eats breakfast' you protest. 'in all the whole long ten months or so that you have been married you have never so much as purchased a single box of cold serial... infact you have never even been down that isle in the store!' Ah yes, my good readers, yes. I know. But this was a special day. Or I suppose yesterday was. You see, we had left over hotdogs and BBQ sauce from the Bus. School Club BBQ we had arranged the day before. Who can resist a good morning bathtub BBQ hotdog? With soda? You think cold pizza in the morning can be good.

Nearer I crept, wanting to get the best picture possible I called 'love you still working on that hot dog?' struggling to keep my voice level, loving, wifely, and unsuspicious. 'Whats up, Sarah?' He wasn't fooled. Sigh.* I stalked in with camera in tow. 'I wanted to take a picture of you eating a hot dog in the tub. I've gotta put some thing on the blog.' He smirked as he had clearly foiled my plan and shoved the rest of the hot dog in his mouth with satisfaction 'FLASH!' Triumph! I win. here it is ladies and gentlemen.



Oh the sweet look of betrayal. I totally won that one. One point for me.
Even in the throes of betrayal his eyes are absolutely beautiful.

The odd thing is, despite the fact that I am callously taking pictures of him in embarrassing situations, he is still my incredible, loving man. As long as I am blogging, I might as well blog about something I am passionate about and nothing is higher on that list than Chris. It's not my fault, honestly! Chris MAKES me do it. Once I was teasing him and told him that he was good, but that my husband was better and he got so jealous that I was wrestled to the ground and licked all over my face! All over! I am certain his mother didn't teach him those kind of manners. Really, Chris. I just hope Chris and my husband never actually realize that they are the same person. Can you imagine what kind of an odd complex that would be?

Cami, do you suppose it would result in some sort of multiple personality disorder or would he learn to loathe himself, internally burning to death with jealousy... of himself. Sounds romantic, but I like him as he is. Better not to introduce the two. It is too bad, though. My husband is incredibly good to me I think he would like him... Do you suppose he and Chris and my husband are different people as well and he and Chris have just been fooling me all allong? I would be really upset if they had be lying to me all this time. I mean, I married Chris. But I have since totally fallen in love with my Husband and Chris seemed to be ok with my boy friend, but is very jealous of my husband (hence the face licking incident). I think Chris liked my boyfriend just fine, but there was always a weird relationship between the two, I mean I am all for tolerance, but I think those two were uncommonly close. Maybe Chris is just upset because we don't ever see my boy friend any more and I keep talking about my husband instead. So he is jealous for my boyfriends sake? Well, I guess that would make sense. I love my husband far more than I ever loved my boyfriend. And then he.. What about him? No, I mean what about he, him is not another man, it is just the third person for he. Sigh* I just don't know what to do with all of them. Any way, I was having a down day and I came home to find this and I still don't know whom to thank:




Yah, he (I have since figured out who to thank, it was definately he) even remembered the cup of hot coca... it is right there on the right hand side of the bath. You can't see, but there are flower petals around the rim of the tub and floating in the water. The candles were beautiful and he had it set up so that it was playing my favorite music in there. I hope it doesn't embarrass him too much that I am telling this. It was just so thoughtful and unexpected. I guess a lot of the things he does are. Sometimes I will wake up still snuggled in his arms and feel him leaning over to brush the hair out of my face. I kept my eyes closed, so he wouldn't feel awkward that I had caught him, but... humm.. I am sure that this kind of text is enough to induce snuggle vomit. Ok, fine. I will settle for a less tender story.

We went hiking! Nothing snuggly about that.

It was beautiful,



We also took a trip, I insisted we take the train ride (wet as we were) in honer of the boys. Some photography lady behind us insisted that another lady take this picture because she thought we were cute.



So there it is, blog one. Tune in next week if you think you can handle a round two.

6 comments:

  1. Fun blog, Sarah! Tamie and I like how much your personality comes out. And it's really fun to get a peek into your intimate side, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how many times I have seen that same look on Chris' face. You were just able to capture it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you guys, how sweet. I love how chris is wearing the SAME outfit all three pictures and playing video games. Some things never change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously Blogspot doesn't have spell check

    ReplyDelete