Monday, October 8, 2012

Four kids

I don't know why this insists on being on it's side.
Who knows why, but Parker had decided that he needed to pull me by me pockets with a hanger.  A white, plastic hanger for children's clothing.  They are remarkably strong.  Lyra was also pulling at me to go down stairs.  I think she needed to go to the bathroom?  or wanted a drink?  or to dance?  Who knows, she just felt that it was very important that we go down stairs.  It did not matter to either older twin that I was still nursing Ethan and I was willing to do just about anything to get Lyra to stop gouging Esther's eyes while trying to put a binky in Esther's mouth.  So it was not long before I had hoisted up Ethan, still nursing, one-handedly scooped up Esther and draped her over Ethan (couldn't leave her at the mercy of Lyra), Grabbed a blanket for her to rest on when we got downstairs with a spare pinky and was walking down the stairs.  Yes, Parker was still dragging at me with the stupid plastic hanger hooked in my pocket and Lyra was still demanding whatever it was that she had been asking for while pulling at the back of my shirt.




It was less than a minute in time, but in that short moment it was abundantly clear to me:  I now have four children.

1 comment: