Wednesday, June 23, 2010

a few sweet moments

Lyra is upstairs crying at me in a pouty sort of way. I don't think I care. It has been a long 24 hours and I should write a beautiful story about the many little stories that happen daily. Like the instance when we were at church and the faint smell of poop came wafting up from down where our kids and one other was playing. Both Chris and I, completely unconcerned, waited for the other parent to smell it and check their kid. We know the flavor of our children's poop, apparently, and that was not it. We knew it had to be the other kid.

Or when we were in the doctor's office and while waiting for a good 45 minutes, Chris got bored, placed Parker tummy down on a round dr's chair and spun Parker till he was giggling uncontrollably. I guess you had to be there. It was the most hilarious thing ever. Wish I had a camera for that one.

Moments like that are becoming a regular as our happy little kids discover us, each other and dirt. Oh, did I forget to mention that Parker finds it hilarious to pick the mud from between the tread of Chris's sandals and eat it? Is it the taste, texture or how mom freaks out? I don't know but I wish he would eat food as well as he eats mud. Anyway, I should write long beautiful stories about moments like that, but I think what you have is going to have to do.

That was more than I was going to put into this, so why not some video clips while I am going the extra mile?



1 comment:

  1. Sarah! Thank you! I love you kids and your cute little moments! Thanks for letting me pretend I'm there.

    ReplyDelete