Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and Family pictures



Chris and I have made something of a tradition to relive bits of our first week we met for thanks giving.  I suppose it was chance that Thanks giving would become our most celebrated holliday (yes, it outshines Christmas here) seeing as it was the week we met.  We have fudge one day, since our first date Chris came over to my place and choked down the fudge that I loved and he HATED.  Another night we go bowling where I absolutely embarrassed myself and still do every time we go.  And then later in the week one of my siblings graciously watches my kids as Chris and I hop over to the temple to enjoy the place and moment when he really proposed to me.  It is sweet and tender.  This year when we got there he hugged me tight in the rippling reflected light of a water fountain and tenderly, sincerely thanked me for another wonderful year.  Yeah, I choked up like a little school girl and then said something dumb and unmemorable, but equally loving and sincere.    
Later that evening we were running through the things that we would most want our kids to appreciate and respect in any given relative were we not here to teach them ourselves.  A morbid topic, I suppose, but it was interesting to see what came up.  The ones that come most readily to mind was the ability to work tirelessly from Uncle Steve; another one was Jessica's ability to lightly lead in a way that made you want to pleasantly follow (Chris's unprompted words, Jessica. ).  It was an interesting conversation.  Apparently we are surrounded by absolutely remarkable people.  We are so thankful for you.  Thank you for being part of our lives.
 








So, we have some thanksgiving pictures, but only Barbara was cool enough to take them.  So they are somewhere floating above Baltimore about now.  hopefully they will land safely in the UK, drive a few hours to Rugby and find their way into an unburned computer where they will be sent to me presently.  Until then, please enjoy some of the new family pictures.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Love the pictures. Congrats on another year together.

    ReplyDelete