Friday, September 5, 2014

Just today


  

We were driving to school this morning and Parker was, once again, upset because one day we were going to die.  'But Jesus won't make us come alive again!' he complained. Again.  'Fine Parker, I am tired of arguing with you.  You can put in a special request with God to not be resurrected when everyone else does' I replied (with less patience than I would like).  He thought about that and said 'well, maybe if Jesus kills all the bad guys. And then he will fly in a rocket ship and kill the aliens!'  'I am sure he will, love.  If that is what needs to happen, I am sure he will.'  Getting to and from school every day is crazy, but how can you resent it when you get conversations like that?

To get to school we drive to the main road and then unload everyone into wagons and baby carriers to walk about five blocks to school.  To take the car in all the way is an entire hour.  I am not willing to leave home an hour early every morning and sit in the car with that many unhappy kids for an hour.  So we walk with baby carriers and wagons and boy do we look awesome.  In fact, on the walk back to the car a cop stopped us and I was sure we were in trouble.  We were in trouble for having too many kids?  I didn't know, but I was sure we were going to get it.  I mean, how often do you have a pleasant experience after a cop has called your attention?  Fortunately he sat there for a few minutes and told me about how he had radioed in about the little kid spectacle and that the person receiving his radio call wanted a picture to prove it.  Thankfully it was clear that he thought it was awesome.  I am just glad that we live in Texas where people want phone pictures because it is a cool kind of unbelievable rather than an offensive one (I am sure we would be in boulder).

Another fun fact about Texas.  They have their own pledge.  Yes, they do.  So every morning the kids all do the American pledge of allegiance and then they do the one for Texas.  No stinkin' wonder everyone is so intense about this state.  They have been pledging to it since kindergarten!  It just struck me as bizarre, but to you it may not surprise.  Did they do that in Co or Ut?

Anyway, things are fun here.  Lyra and Parker are beginning to wake up at the right time by themselves.  This morning they both came in our room right at seven and stood there respectfully just inside the door, waiting.  Just waiting..?..  I didn't want to get out of bed yet, and neither did Chris.  So to be responsible, we invited them into bed with us and practiced raising our hands.  Chris just couldn't get it right.  He thought he should raise his feet when he had a question, and then demonstrated.  Parker thought it was hilarious and said he had it all wrong, he needed to raise his teeth!  I said that hair was the obvious thing to raise when you wanted a turn, to which Lyra started laughing hysterically.  There we were, lying in bed, trying to raise various body parts, giggling and laughing.  Chris finally got frustrated, raised his long legs, arms ears, nose and teeth at the same time.  We finally had to stop because Isaac was crying.  I really like our mornings.  Chris changes the younger twins and I get the baby while he feeds everyone reheated pancakes (I make them and freeze them... seriously, whole-wheat pancakes in 1 min!).  And it isn't always perfectly smooth, but between the two of us we get all the kids changed, dressed and fed in 20 min.  Go teamwork!  I love having Chris on my team.

So, I guess that is what we have been doing last August.  Getting to school.  Humm... The first week of August we had Hal and Karynn out.  That was, obviously, wonderful.  When Parker walked in and saw them he actually squealed with delight.  Parker only squeals at the most divine of pleasures, so it was a big deal.  But I guess Chris already mentioned that we were working on relocating... Probably in about two years, though.  It would be cool to have all of siblings there in the same state, though.  Chris was able to spend a whole week at home after Hal and Karynn left.  We didn't go do anything crazy, in fact I think the most exciting thing we did was go to the library together with the kids.  But it was so fun and so nice.  We watched the kids together while listening to an enormous Brandon Sanderson book together. That is how life is supposed to be.  



Isaac - peed directly in his own mouth while I was changing him.  I'll bet none of you guys can do that.  He is still trying to get his eyes to work so he will look around and look and look and he will finally focus on your face and brake into a huge grin.
Esther - Is adorable.  I mean seriously adorable.  But no one will ever know because the minute I pull out a camera she stops what she is doing to come see the screen... behind the lens... she will so regret that when she gets older :).
Ethan - equally as adorable, still hard to catch on camera because Esther is so busy trying to get the camera from me that it is hard to get a good shot.
Parker - asked me yesterday why boys have balls in their penises.  me - 'uhhh...'  He also asked Chris in church how people get married Chris - "well, you go in the temple, kneel at the alter and they ask if you want to get married and you say yes.'  Parker 'well when they ask me, I am going to say no.' (he is still very upset that he just can't marry Lyra. 'She's the one I love'). Parker wanted Isaac to sleep in his room (preferably his arms) because 'he only likes me.'  Parker also carried Isaac up the stairs all by himself. 

 Lyra - Asked if she could marry dad, I said he was already taken.  She would have to find another man who was kind and good.  'Okay. I will marry Grandpa.'  When Ethan had a stinky diaper Lyra said, while holding her nose: 'you have to change Ethan's diaper because I can not change my nose every day.'
Sarah - happy

Chris - handsome. oh and he went shark fishing.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! I want to go shark fishing sooo bad! Oh, and your children are A-D-O-RA-B-L-E

    ReplyDelete